The holidays have come and gone, finally. The new year has begun, and no new blog posts? "What's up with that?", a few people have asked. It's a lot of reasons, but here's what it's not:
- Planning to end the blog.
- Fallen into a cement mixer full of quicksand (thank you, Train)
- Autism was cured
- Baked my last cake or made my last meal
- Finished my home decorating and now live in a museum (minion #2 would love that though)
- Stopped caring about fashion
- Never travelling again
Life swallowed me whole for a while. It's funny how mundane things suck the life out of you when you're not paying attention. Stress lurks in dark corners and fear of the unknowns tends to make you turn inward. As you do that you tend to do some serious thinking. You think about a lot of negative stuff because it's what hits you first and foremost, and sometimes you dwell on it a bit. Eventually you start finding the things that make you happy, or will make you happy. Some of the happy things I've been putting off a long time. A long, long, L O N G time. So here's what's really going on around here:
- I've gone back to school. I'll have a masters when I'm done.
- Finding a BFF and just some girl friends.
- Taking better care of myself.
- Constructing new chore charts and implementing them.
- Making menu plans each week with new things to try.
- Planning a tea party birthday for my mom and her friends (there are hats involved).
- Letting go of people and things that make me unhappy.
Tomorrow I'll be posting our new chore charts as well as a tutorial on how to get your household to run a little more smoothly without you having to do everything yourself. In the meantime, below is a sneak peek at the Tea Party Invite. If you have Photoshop or GIMP and would like the one with all the layers on it, just leave a comment and a way to contact you.
|Anyone else a fan of hats?|