Dawn
I think everyone has a list of things they really don't want to live without.  I have a short list of them for the kitchen, and thought I'd share.  I can't guarantee they will make your food taste better, or even look better.  The only thing I can guarantee is that they work very well for me, a few of them for more years than I want to admit to. 
There are a few of my favorite things!
  1. Cuisinart coffee maker
  2. DeLonghi espresso/cappuccino maker
  3. Kitchen Aid stand mixer
  4. Silpat non stick baking mat
  5. Pyrex baking dishes
  6. Pyrex measuring cups in both one and two cup sizes.
  7. Muffin and cake pans.  Wilton and NordicWare, make some of the nicest pans out there.  
  8. Pizza Stone from Pampered Chef  
  9. Misto 
  10. Pampered Chef's quick stir pitcher
  11. Nesting bowls and a batter bowl.  
  12. Wine stoppers.  
  13. Hot Air PopCorn Popper 
  14. Skullcandy Pipe.  
The coffee maker has gotten used nearly everyday for the last 7 years.  Pretty amazing for a coffee maker, and it's fast to brew.
I know...who needs two coffee makers?  Me!  I do!  I really love my coffee and espresso and... anyway.  It's a really nice machine, simple to use and the frother is amazing.
The Kitchen Aid I've had for about 15 years.  If I were homeless I'd drag that thing with me, I'm that attached to it.
The Silpat.  Great for things like breads, english muffins and jelly rolls.
The baking dishes.  Also something I've had in the 15-20 year range.  They're nearly indestructible and incredibly functional, just not overly pretty.  Make your food look good and that issue is solved.
The measuring cups take both heat and cold.  Great when you're baking, candy making, or just need to heat something in the microwave.
The cake and muffin pans you use have to do a few things.  Heat evenly and release your food.  These two manufacturers do this with near 100% accuracy.
The pizza stone was a great investment.  We use it nearly every week, especially since I had to go gluten free.  You almost have to make your own pizza to have it taste good, and these make a great crust.
Misto oil sprayers.  This is one of those genius ideas. Add oil to the bottle, pump to pressurize and spray.  You know exactly what's being added to your pans and food this way.
The quick stir pitcher is another genius idea.  Great for anything you have to make like lemonade or iced tea.  Sangria also goes well in these.
Nesting bowls and batter bowls are great for the stuff you don't really need to get the mixer out for.  If you do invest in nesting bowls, get some good crockery ones.  Maybe even antique ones.  If you're making pie crust in them, you can keep them cooler.
Wine Stoppers are great if you're wanting to keep your wine closed, or not drinking it all at one sitting.  The one in my amazon store is a glass flamingo, because I knew my friend Becky would love it, but we have blown glass fish.
The Popcorn Popper.  My boys can't live without this anymore.  If you've never had air popped corn at home, get one of these.  It's so much better than the microwave stuff.
Skullcandy Pipe.  You might be wondering why the last one is in the kitchen list. It's not exactly kitcheny.  I like to listen to music as I work, so it tends to go where I do.  The sound quality is great, and for the space it takes, IMO it's a great investment.

What did I miss?  What are a few of your favorite things for the kitchen?
Labels: |
2 Responses
  1. Becky M. Says:

    My favorite is the "Prodyne Fruit Infusion 93-Ounce Natural Fruit Flavor Pitcher" from Amazon. It's the first thing I bought for myself with money that I made from writing. I have used it to add variety to lemonade and green tea, and it makes an awesome, awesome sangria.

    And yes, I do love the flamingo bottle stopper. I love it, Alot. <3


  2. Unknown Says:

    My cast iron pans (antique good stuff not the cheapy crap stuff nowadays), my kitchenaid mixer (hubby got me the pro one).....my antique german high carbon steel cutlery was a fave but they have old wood handles so had to replace grrrrr


Post a Comment