I was scrolling through a few of the blogs that I follow this morning and one post caught my eye, intrigued me and made me think a little. Patty, over at Lather, Rinse, Clean had a post about her summer bucket list, and all the things she wanted to see, do and accomplish before fall sets in. I thought it was an awesome idea, and a bit of a challenge to set those goals for yourself and strive to make them happen.
My actual bucket list can be found on Pinterest. It has everything from exotic places I want to go see to some just off the wall crazy things I want to do. You know, like hand some random person a briefcase and tell them quietly, 'you know what to do', before I smile and walk away.
This summer though, I have so many things on my list of to dos, that it's almost laughable. I am however great with check lists, so maybe I'll get more done if I write them down and I can just check them off as they happen.
- Start on the reclaim the yard from missile range project. (check back Thursday for plans and other details)
- Have a BBQ on the veranda for the 4th. Entertain more in general. I miss having people over.
- Go fossil hunting.
- Visit Kings Dominion.
- Get the Minions to various Birthday Parties and other fun things they get invited to.
- Spend an evening catching fireflies with my boys.
- Have an evening picnic and watch the sunset with some wine.
- Enjoy a winery tour, or three.
- More kayaking!
From the King's birthday trip
- Get out the supersoakers on a hot day and chase the minions around while drenching them from head to toe.
- Spend a few evenings stargazing from the hot tub, with faux mojitos and margaritas in hand.
- Finish the family room.
- Tour Boldt Castle.
- Enjoy the convertible on sunny days.
- Go on an adult vacation.
- Finish stripping and repainting the ugly furniture I've been working on.
- Spend an evening at the drive-ins watching movies in the open air.
- Go to the lake a few more times.
- End the summer with a day trip to the York Fair.
What's on your list for the summer?