Dawn
I loved this idea so much I thought I'd follow along for the Tuesdays I'm not blogging about travel stuff.  This week is fears, and I know we all have a bunch of them.  Be sure to stop by  Lauren @ Life.Love.Lauren and her co-host Tiffany @ The Austin Family Diary to see what everyone else has to say about themselves.

{one} 
Spiders.  I hate them and I fear them.  There isn't much that makes my skin crawl more than to see one of those hairy eight legged beasts crawling towards me.  What makes it worse is that we live in the woods and we have a few that are large enough they need to be sent back to their maker with the flat side of a shovel. *shudder*

{two} 
That I'll get sick again.  The journey back from my personal hell of undiagnosed celiac disease, a host of food allergies and food intolerance is not something I ever want to experience again.  Ever.

{three}
Losing my boys.  In any shape or form.  I don't think there is a parent out there that wouldn't agree that the loss of a child is the most heart wrenching thing they could ever go through.  I have a healthy fear of facing that again.

{four}
Failure.  I know this is a conditioned behavior left over from childhood, but it's still a fear.  I was taught from the time I could remember that even if something was good, unless it was perfect it wasn't good enough.  That spanned across all areas of my life and into adulthood.  It's also something I hope I never pass on to my kids.

{five}
Breaking my kids.  As a parent you do your best, you learn from your mistakes and you learn a lot from your kids too.  I can remember a lot of times thinking, great, I've probably just broken my kid from some of the ways I've or we've handled things as parents.  Some of which we look back on now and laugh like idiots at ourselves.  Especially if we were channeling our parents at the time. (My King, I know you are reading this and recalling the incident where after yelling at minion #1 he said 'you're right' and all you had was 'G-D Right, I'm Right!!!!' as you both stormed off)

{six}
Living a life filled with regrets about things not done. We all have have big dreams and plans when we're young and stupid.  Some we can filter out as silly dreams of youth, but some we chase for a long time.  I'm still chasing the dreams of travelling to far off lands and exotic places.

{seven}
Being late, unprepared and generally unprofessional.  Strangely people get really upset with me when I point out if they are any of those things, so I must be the only one with this neurosis. 

{eight}
Alienating my family.  I have very different views from most of my family.  I eat differently, speak differently, have a different religion, raise my kids with different rules and generally do everything different from them.  On the flip side of that, I have healthy, happy, well-adjusted and polite kids that I can take anywhere and I'm happy with who I am.  It's just that niggling fear that I'm not acceptable in their eyes.

And there you have it.  Those are my fears.

5 Responses
  1. I'm pretty sure the most popular one has been spiders. hahaha. they are just soooo nasty! still trying to figure out why we need them on this earth? haha.


  2. Thanks for linking up! Glad to see a new face link up! I totally hear you on number six...regrets are a big fear of mine. I regret not putting that!


  3. Becky M. Says:

    All the kid ones. Those are the ones that keep me up at night.


  4. Thanks so much for linking up with us! Failure is a big fear of mine in so many different aspects.


  5. Dawn Says:

    I'm pretty sure spiders are only around to save us from other bugs. If only they ate more!

    @Lauren - I'm working on living each day without regret. Sometimes it's a lot of work.

    @Becky - IKR? Rotten children, you'd think they could not make us worry so much. It's no wonder we have to dye our hair. Speaking of which we need to do mani-pedis soon!

    @Tiffany - I hate the failure thing. It used to be so bad for me I rarely took any risk unless I was sure I couldn't fail. I think I'm finally in recovery from it. :)


Post a Comment