Dawn

This coming back from vacation thing has made my week all askew.  Add a little family drama, a birthday party, some stupid medical company drama (the pacer machine showed up today - it only took since April) and a little bit of me getting sick off something some time last week and you get a tired, cranky me.


So instead of talking about food today, which I just want to give up on and never look at again, I'm hooking up with My Little Life and doing 5 question Friday.  




1What is a must in a hotel room?
A duvet that's been freshly washed, white sheets and a nice tub.  I also require a small fridge and microwave since I can't eat the breakfast that most hotels serve due to allergies.

2. Which Olympic event would you be best at? 

Wine drinking.  Oh, that's not an event?  What about putting together an amazing wardrobe from thrift store finds?  Also not an event?  Well crap.


Once upon a time I played softball, so I'd want to give that a whirl.


I would also like to take this time to ask the Olympic Committee to consider adding wine drinking as an event for 2016.  I would drink some wine like a Boss for that.

3. What's your stance on the Chick-fil-A subject?

Why is this a subject?  Seriously.   That sandwich and fries are gonna go straight to your ass anyway.  There are much bigger issues in this world, pick one and shut up about Chick-fil-A already before I have to quit Facebook.


Just kidding Facebook - I can't quit you.

4. One thing you said you'd never do as a parent, but totally have.

Be as strict with my kids as my parents were.  I couldn't ever do ANYTHING.  Thanks Mom & Dad!  It was the best thing you probably did. 


It's probably the best thing we've done as well.  We have well mannered and well behaved minions who we can take anywhere because of it.

5. What's the weirdest thing you've ever found at a yard sale?

Yard sales in Pennsyltucky are a strange thing.  I've seen everything from stuffed wildlife and not wildlife (jackalope) to adult diapers and potty chairs.  I think the oddest thing I saw though was a jar of teeth and some other unidentifiable debris of dubious origin.  I still hope it wasn't human.


Happy Friday everyone!

Labels: |
1 Response
  1. Becky M. Says:

    1. Clean sheets, a clean bathroom, clean...everything. If I wanted pet hair and dust, I'd stay home.

    2. Photo manipulation. Like when I morphed my brother and King Julian to make "Wes of Madagascar" or the time I took the picture of my mother-in-law stepping out of the swimming pool and...well, she forbids me to talk about it. Don't laugh. The arts used to be a very big part of the Olympics and I'm sad they ever removed it.

    3. I think it's pointless and has grown way out of proportion. Last night I asked the fireman if we could stop and take a picture of ourselves kissing in front of a gallon of sweet tea, and he said no. Spoilsport.

    4. Home school. Some days (every single day, actually) I still wonder what I was thinking, but then one of my boys will do something that impresses the living snot out of me and I think, "Okay, this is good. We can keep moving forward."

    5. An automatic cow milking machine labeled "4 Man Party Machine". Here in West-by-God Virginia we're just a short notch down the perfectly straight family tree that is our country from Pennsyltucky.


Post a Comment