Dawn
My friend Becky over at Broken Pencils Are Pointless (cool name isn't it?) had a great post today about Polyvore. Never heard of Polyvore? It's digital paper dolls for grownups!  Anyway her post was all about how Polyvore can just suck the day away from you if you let it.  It can.  But, as with most things, in moderation it can be a great tool as well.
I use it a lot on this blog.  All of the outfits are put together in Polyvore and displayed here and on Pinterest as well.  The one thing I do dislike about Polyvore is that while I can get my outfits close, they're not exactly the same.  For Fashionista Friday, I thought it might be nice to see what a Polyvore outfit I made up compares to the real thing.
Casual Fridays in Spring
The Polyvore Collection.  Clicking it will take you to a list of all the pieces and prices.

And here is what I actually wore today:
Yes, those are daisies on my toes.
Cardigan and Capris - White House Black Market  $88 & $78 respectively.  But not really - credit card points into gift cards made them free.
T-Shirt - Target  $8
Sandals - Bakers via the Salvation Army (never worn!) $3.
Scarf - Banana Republic $15
Jewelry - Gabriel Brothers $10-12.  Total for all 3 pieces.
Purse - Aldo $35

And there you have it.  A cute outfit for spring, what it actually looks like on, and the subtle reminder that it doesn't have to cost you a fortune to look really good.  Be sure to check your neighborhood thrift stores.  You never know what you'll find.

Labels: |
2 Responses
  1. Becky M. Says:

    This is me, adding this post to my favorites. :)


  2. Fun inspiration! Those earrings are great. I'm stopping by from 235 Designs.

    Nicole
    http://www.momtrends.com/2012/06/cabi-stylish-clothes-for-moms/


Post a Comment