I got to wondering about this when I was writing the about me page. I very much dislike trying to summarize myself, or things that I like or do. Lists are a bit easier for me to write, so I did. Here are a few things that make me, well, me.
|Yarr! Thar be birthday cake.|
- I can recite almost the entire book, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, by heart. Also...Goodnight Moon, How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight, and most of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- I bake better than those little Keebler elves. No one gets a store bought birthday cake around here. No siree bob, we get pirate ships, swimming pools, dinosaurs with chocolate scales, you get the idea.
- My attraction to shoes and the color purple is legendary, but did you know about my love affair with hats?
- It takes me forever to fall asleep. My brain has no slow down or off function so I literally fall asleep some nights mid thought.
- The only movie that ever made me remotely sick to my stomach was fight club. Human fat in a bag...the thought is making me gag even now.
- The only movie that has ever made me cry, Forrest Gump. Stupid Jenny, why do you have to die every time? *sniff*
- I still look in the mirror and wonder who that lady is looking back at me.
- I never wanted kids growing up, but I'm pretty good at being a mom.
- About the kids thing, I might have a small mama bear streak in me. Don't mess with my kids. I will hunt you down and make you wish you never met me, or my children in this life, or the next if you even think about it.
- I can freakishly recall details about people and places or conversations from years ago, word for word sometimes. Phone numbers too.
- I organize things alphabetically. Even my spices in the kitchen.
- I really dislike not being on time. It makes my nearly have an anxiety attack.
- I won't fill out forms for people who already have my info. My info hasn't changed, just the paper you want it on.
- I have to be sick to nap in the daytime.
- I really, really hate it when people look at me, then look at me again and say...you look so familiar.
- I go out of my way to smile at old people and kids with obvious special needs. I love it when they smile back, it makes me happy.
- I would so make Alex Trebek my bitch if I ever get on Jeopardy.
What are a few things that make you, you?