A few small things that we've adopted around here to cut down on the waste are:
- Making our own laundry soap from eco friendly components that come out of cardboard or paper containers that can be composted.
- Taking our own shopping bags with us everywhere. (I swear I'm going to make veggie bags too)
- Buying things second hand where we can, and it's safe to do so.
- Buying what's needed, and not what's wanted.
- Reselling, donating, or freecycling items we are done using.
- Not buying individually packaged items, especially lunch items. We use reusable containers as much as we can.
- We also avoid disposable cutlery and plates where we can.
- Choosing items that have less packaging to begin with or that can be recycled and not thrown away.
- Educating our children as to why we do all this.
What are a few ways you've cut down on waste?