Dawn
Each day is an adventure here.  I think I forgot what normal feels like a long time ago.  I'm not sure when normal left, but it's gone, baby, gone.
Normal these days consists of the same things everyone does.  We get up, go to school, or work, do our thing, then come home, have some family time, some time to pursue our interests and we sleep.  So what's not normal about that, you may be asking.  Try, for a day, doing it wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, egg, refined sugar and kidney bean free.  That's right, I said kidney bean.  Not too hard right?  Awesome, now juggle your own business.
Still going strong?  Add in a 13 year old with PDD-NOS.  That's autism for any of you not up to date on your DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder) codes.  Oh, and before I forget to mention it, he has a pacemaker too, due to be replaced in a few months.  And then there's the other one with ADHD, he's 10.
Squirrel!
The husband, only has a broken spine with a nifty erector set holding him together.  That almost doesn't count.  And did I mention he and I work together?  Yeah, some days that can be fun.  More fun when clients know  we're married, but not to each other.
So how do we do it?  I have no clue.  Really.  I get up, do what needs done, beat down the dust bunnies when I have a few minutes I'm not asleep and do it again the next day.  Each day I find a little gem in there somewhere.  Today's little gem was the autistic wunderkind did not have a flaming meltdown at the doctor's office over a shot.  A few tears, yes, some fear, absolutely.  Did it take 2 of us to hold him down?  Nope, not today, today my friends, was a win.

Tomorrow though, is another day.
Labels: |
0 Responses

Post a Comment